Comments about the structure can only refer to pages which have been reviewed since the last update, as other pages may not yet adhere to the guidelines published here.
Reviewed pages contain a color-coded page header and exist within the following hierarchy:
- Main Page
A consistent approach to naming has been adopted across all products.
First, when possible, simple naming of topics is used without qualifiers of any kind. If this is not possible, the following rules are in place:
- for index pages and some lists, place the product name first, e.g. Data Abstract Features
- for individual topics the product comes after the topic name, e.g. IDE Integration (RemObjects SDK)
- pages for a specific product and platform have a 'product for platform' suffix, e.g. Class List (RemObjects SDK for Delphi)
Note: when the links to pages have an obvious context, they are displayed without prefix or suffix, e.g. the link above could be displayed as Class List.
Pages under Construction
Provided the guidelines within editing have been followed, uncompleted pages will have a top header of one of the following:
- wip - work in progress.
- wipr - work in progress, review required.
- wipt - work in progress, final text proofing required (only displays when editing the page).
This system should allow people to work on pages without conflicts and also make it easier for us to review changes.
Reviewed pages all contain one or more category references at the bottom of the page. These provide easy access to lists sharing concepts with the current page. The first category listed will be one of the following:
- index - wholly or primarily an index page
- text - contains useful content
- stub - a placeholder page, no useful content yet
- help - a wiki help page